- LUMIX Ambassadors
This Data Protection Notice describes how we collect, process, use, and protect any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of you as an identified or identifiable individual collected via the Website (“Personal Data”). Any Personal Data that you provide to us with your consent or that are collected through your use of the Website is subject to this Notice and our Cookies Policy.
By accepting this Notice you are explicitly consenting to its terms.
The Website is operated by Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Hagenauer Str. 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany (“Panasonic,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), and Panasonic acts as the data controller in relation to the Personal Data.
- We Protect Your Data
We use necessary organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect the Personal Data under our control, such as control of access, transmission, input and availability and the separation of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. . If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting us (see , below).
- Retention of Data Collected
We will retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary to fulfil the respective purpose outlined either in this Notice or in other communication to you, unless a longer retention period is required by law, but in any case no longer than the retention period permitted by law. Thereafter, your Personal Data will be deleted and/or returned in accordance with applicable law requirements or as detailed in the Cookies Policy.
- Use by Children
The Website is not directed at and should not be accessed by individuals under the age of fifteen (15), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Data through the Website.
Minors must obtain express consent from parents or legal guardians prior to accessing or providing any Personal Data.
- Collection of Personal Data
- To process your enquiries and to fulfil your requests Panasonic collects Personal Data that you provide by means of contact forms on this Website, including your name, address, or any other Personal Data which you include in the respective form. Users may at any time request deletion of their Personal Data.
- Panasonic also collects email addresses and zip codes/post codes if you expressly subscribe to our promotional communications and newsletters and after we have received your express confirmation (hence a double opt-in)that Panasonic may provide our promotional communication and newsletters to you.
- Users may at any time opt out of receiving our promotional communications and newsletters. Panasonic provides several opportunities to opt out, for example you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in our promotional communications and newsletters.
- Panasonic may collect Personal Data that you provide by participating in community postings (i.e., chat, forum, or bulletin boards). In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected:
- Registration information in order to enable you to participate in community postings, which comprises of your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, and contact details;
- Information that you voluntarily choose to share to enable the publishing of such community postings.
- Panasonic may collect Personal Data that you provide in the context of participating in online games, free prize draws, competitions, sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions (“Activities”) offered on the Website. (Additional consent will be obtained for certain data processing Activities). In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected:
- Registration information in order to enable you to participate in an online game, sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, which comprises of your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, and contact details.
- Your Personal Data provided for the purpose of participation in online games, sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions may be disclosed to the following Recipients:
- Third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, free prize draws, competitions and similar promotions, which are identifiable during each sweepstake, contest, free prize draw, competition or similar promotion.
- Panasonic may collect Personal Data that you provide by uploading content (e.g., video or photos) onto the Website. In such a case, the following Personal Data are collected in order to publish the content on the Website:
– Your name;
– Your email address;
– Content that you choose to upload.
- Signing up or registering to one of our Websites, such as the LUMIX Ambassador will enable you to use the same login or registration information on the other Websites, e. g. eShop and MyPanasonic.
- Purposes for the collection of Personal Data
When you provide Personal Data to us the purpose of collection and processing of particular Personal Data may be specified.
Subject to your express consent Personal Data are used for the following purposes:
- To send you important information regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions and policies, and other administrative information;
- To administer these Activities, which may have rules which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read the rules carefully;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- For the following purposes (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal proceedings; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our ; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates (For further information about the concerned companies within the Panasonic group that will have access to Personal Data, please visit panasonic.eu (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If the purpose for which you have given your consent is fulfilled or not further pursued, your Personal Data will be deleted.
- Sensitive Personal Data
We ask you not to provide us with any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., Social Security numbers or welfare benefits, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise. Panasonic only collects or processes sensitive Personal Data in respect of your bank account details to the extent as needed for billing purposes and only if voluntarily provided by the user.
- Categories of Recipients
Subject to your express consent your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following Recipients only for the respective purpose listed above, which you have consented to:
- Our Affiliates as listed under panasonic.eu, for the purposes described in this Notice;
- Our third party service providers, who provide services, such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services, and other similar services, to enable them to provide those services. If such third party service providers are located outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area, where data protection laws are not as strict as the EU/EEA, we will assure an adequate data protection level in the respective contractual relationship. For further information about Panasonics third party service providers, please visit panasonic.eu; By expressly confirming this notice, you consent to it being sent to third party service providers outside the EEA as listed above. We will ensure such third party supplier’s countries laws use an equivalent level of data protection to EU/EEA requirements and any relevant consent to such transfer are obtained.
- A third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding);
- Anyone for purposes (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal proceedings; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you, or others; and
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Personal Data may also be disclosed by you on our message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services provided by us, to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Data, or any other information, on the Website.
Before we provide your data to any new recipient we will either inform you or you will be asked to give your express consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
8. Your rights
At any time, you have the right to object or not to agree to the collection, processing, and use of your Personal Data by directing your objection to the following address: email@example.com. However, the processing of your enquiries is not possible without the collection, processing, and use of your Personal Data.
You are also entitled to request and receive information on the processing of your personal data. Please direct your enquiry to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find your personal data to be incorrect, incomplete, or misleading, we will amend your data upon request.
9. Other Data We Collect
We also collect other data from you, some of which may not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregate information.
We may collect other data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, for example your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly;
- Through use of pixel tags and similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Website users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates;
- Your IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, helping to diagnose server problems, and administering the Website and
- From you: Information, such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected only if you provide it voluntarily.
- Country Specific rules
Links to Third Party Websites
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website to which this Website contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply endorsement of the linked website by us or by any of our Affiliates.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time-to-time. We therefore advise you to regularly review this Notice for any changes. Before the Notice is materially altered we will inform you and if needed you will be asked to give your express consent to the continued processing of your personal data. The last changes to this Notice were made in September 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your Personal Data or if you wish to correct, block, rectify, object, access, revoke your consent to this Notice or delete any of your Personal Data, please contact:
Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH,
– The Data Protection Officer –
Hagenauer Straße 43
Or by email: email@example.com