(1) Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Hagenauer Str. 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany (hereinafter referred to as „Panasonic“) hereby provides a website to all Panasonic LUMIX users (hereinafter referred to as the „Website“) via which duly registered users receive information relating to Panasonic’s products and other rights of use (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”).
- Your Registration with the Website
Your contact data and other details requested by Panasonic during the registration process must be complete and correct.
- Responsibility for Log-in Data
(1) You agree to keep confidential and not to disclose to any unauthorised third party the log-in data, including the password.
(2) In addition, you shall be obliged to ensure that only you and/or persons authorised by you shall use your log-in data and the Services provided on the Website.
You shall be liable in accordance with statutory provisions for any use and/or other activity effected with your log-in data.
- Updating User Data
You shall be obliged to keep your data, including your contact data, up to date. Should the data you provided change during the time you use the Website, you shall be obliged to correct such data on the portal in your personal settings. Should you be unable to make such changes, please inform us of your changed data via e-mail or fax without delay.
- Offered Services and Availability of Services
(1) On the Website, Panasonic places Services at your disposal. The contents and scope of such Services shall be subject to the functionalities as available on the Website from time to time.
(2) Your right to use the Services available on the Website shall be subject to Panasonic’s technical and operational facilities. To the extent possible, Panasonic shall endeavour to provide uninterrupted usability of its Services. However, technical malfunctions, such as interruption of power supply, hardware and software errors, and technical problems within the data lines may cause temporary restrictions or interruptions.
(3) You shall be responsible for the provision of the technical prerequisites necessary for the use of the Services in accordance with the contract within your scope of responsibility.
- Change of Services
Panasonic shall be entitled at any time to change the Services provided on the Website, to make available new Services free of charge and to cease to provide free Services.
- Protection of Contents, Liability for Third Party Contents
- Prohibited Activities
(1) Any activities on and/or in connection with the Website that violate applicable law, third-party rights or the principles of the protection of minors shall be prohibited. In particular, the following activities shall be prohibited:
– uploading, distributing, offering and marketing contents of a pornographic nature, that violate laws for the protection of minors, data protection laws and/or any other laws, and/or fraudulent contents, services and/or products;
– the use of contents by which other users or any third parties are insulted or defamed;
– the unauthorised use, provision and distribution of contents, services and/or products protected by law or subject to third-party rights (such as copyrights).
(2) In addition, when you upload your own contents to the Website as well as when you communicate with other users, the following activities shall be prohibited, irrespective of whether any law is violated or not:
– the distribution of viruses, Trojans and other harmful files;
– the distribution of junk or spam mails as well as of chain letters;
– the distribution of insinuating, offensive, sex-related, obscene or defaming contents and/or communications as well as of contents and/or communications that are suitable to support or promote racism, fanaticism, hate, physical violence or unlawful acts (in each case express or implied);
– harassment of other users, e.g. by initiating repeated personal contact without or against such other user’s reaction as well as the promotion and support of such harassments;
– the request to other users to disclose passwords or personal data for commercial or illegal purposes;
– the distribution and/or public disclosure of contents available on the portal to the extent such disclosure is not expressly permitted by the relevant author or unless such contents are expressly provided as a functionality on the portal.
(3) Any action that is suitable to negatively affect the smooth operation of the Website, in particular to generate excessive traffic on Panasonic’s systems, shall also be prohibited.
(4) In case of any suspected illegal and/or punishable act, Panasonic shall be entitled and may be obliged to verify your activities and to implement suitable legal measures. This may include forwarding the facts to the public prosecutor’s office.
- Blocking access
- Limitation on Liability
Panasonic’s liability for any damage caused by your use of the Services provided on the portal (including retrieval of free contents) shall be limited to cases in which the damage you suffered was caused based on the contractual use of the contents and/or Services and only in case Panasonic acted with wilful intent (including fraudulent intent) and gross negligence.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
- Hyperlinks / social media
The Panasonic Website contains hyperlinks to third-party websites. Panasonic shall not be liable for the contents of such websites and Panasonic shall not endorse such websites and their contents, as Panasonic does not control the linked information and shall not be liable for the contents and information provided thereon. The use of such contents and information shall be on the user’s own risk.
Our Website uses Social Plugins (hereinafter referred to “Plugins”) of the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, Google+. Such Plugins are marked with the applicable logos.
If you access any of our Websites containing such a Plugin, your browser will establish a direct connection with the servers of such social networks. The relevant social network shall transmit to your browser the content of the plugin and your browser will embed it in the Website.
By embedding the Plugin, the relevant social network receives the information that you accessed the relevant page of our Website.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and their processing and use by the relevant social network as well as your relevant rights and settings regarding the protection of your privacy are explained in the data protection provisions of the relevant social network.